Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chapter One is Online!

Welcome to Chapter One Book Reviews. I will be posting regular book reviews on everything from picture books to young adult novels and pretty much anything in between. 

I have been reviewing children's literature for more than six years. My review column is regularly featured in Palmetto Parent, Upstate Parent and Lowcountry Parent magazines. It is also featured, on a not-so-regular basis, in other local and regional niche publications such as GS Magazine. Due to contractual obligations it will be a minimum of 30 days before first run reviews, published in magazines, can be posted here on my blog. Don't worry, I have more than enough reviews, that can be published here right away, to help any parent find a new book for their child.

It's not all about reviews, though. In the coming days I'll also share some thoughts and begin discussions about the state of today's children's literature market, the difficulties of getting discovered, self-publishing, finding freelance editors, and what kids think about the current crop of books at the book store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment